"Happiness does not depend on what happens outside of you, but on what
happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet
the problems of life." ~ Harold B. Lee

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

One step at a time

My sweetheart has returned home!!! It has been so wonderful to have him back and to be back together as a family,
 
Well, any ideas of returning to normalcy or a routine when we all got home have gone out the window. We found out that we got a place on base. But after we agreed to take the house and put in our 30 day notice at the apartment they called us back and pushed back our move in date. Now we only have a couple of days to move everything and get everything cleaned out. Normally it wouldn't stress me out as much...but as I am now 33 weeks pregnant and getting bigger every day, the thought of rushing to move everything is slightly overwhelming at this moment. The base did offer to pay for our move, which is amazing. But instead of waiting to buy things for the new place when we get there, we have been stock piling everything in our apartment for the extra weight. I feel like I'm living a moving war zone right now. Poor little Sam barely has a room right now because we have stacked most of the bags and boxes in his room.

On top of all the moving drama, my sister-in-law is getting married next week. Which I am sooo excited and happy for her. The drive up there, which is about 15 hours (not counting gas breaks and bathroom stops) is something I'm not looking forward to. Number one because I'm pregnant and just thinking about that many hours in a car makes me achy and number two because we have a 1 year old and I know he doesn't like being stuck in his car seat for more than a couple of hours. Usually I love taking road trips, but the current circumstances are crushing my enthusiasm.

My second little man is due the 19th of September. Then there will be two. Sam is a good boy, but he is definitely a hand full. I know many of other moms have gone before me and had kids close together, but it still seems like a very daunting task. I feel like I change a ton of diapers now... I am so blessed to have Sam and Bryan (new baby name) in my life and I know it will be worth it. I'm just worried on how I'm going to handle all the crazy. And I know my sweetheart will be here to help me, which is a great relief to me. 

I know I'm getting ahead of myself and worrying about things I cannot change. As usual, things will work out how they are supposed to. I just need to do better at focusing on the here and now with "doing what I can, with what i have, right where I am." I pray Heavenly Father will give me the strength to make it through the next couple of crazy months.
 


2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Val! You can do it! (This is Craig by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have your hubby back! That's so wonderful. Moving is never fun, I hope all goes well and you can find a way to relieve the stress. Love you!

    ReplyDelete