"Happiness does not depend on what happens outside of you, but on what
happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet
the problems of life." ~ Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Songs of my life

Most days, I have an ever playing soundtrack going on in my head.  Sometimes it has to do with how I'm feeling...but honestly most of the time it's just some random song from my past.  My mom sent me my old music I had in high school and college.  I was super excited and got out some of my old favorites.  Some about overcoming but mostly about finding love or how much trouble love was.  As I was playing and singing though, something had changed.  The songs that had meant so much to me then and had such a big impact on me, don't seem to as much anymore.  I then realized how much has happened to me since high school and college, just a few short years.  For a little while it was depressing, I felt lost...like I had grown out of my favorite dress or something.  The songs just didn't fit the same as they used to.  So now I have a new quest.  I get to find new songs.  Ones that fit the new me, and I like to think, the improved me.  I have been searching for a couple of days...nothing yet...but I'm hopeful.  And if I don't find anything that fits...maybe I'll have to compose some of my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment